The RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence are the most established and respected awards in the planning industry. They highlight exceptional examples of planning and celebrate the contribution that planners and planning make to society. The Awards will be presented at a formal ceremony on 15 June 2017, at Milton Court in Central London.
For the first time ever there will be no cost to enter the Awards, it is completely FREE to everyone that would like to send through a submission.
Entries are NOW OPEN
Deadline: Midnight (GMT), Friday 9 December 2016
Don't forget to send us a tweet and let us know how your awards entry is coming along @rtpiplanners #RTPIAwards.
If you are interested in sponsoring one of the most prestigious awards ceremonies in the industry please click here.
How to Enter
1. Select your category from the list below
2. Read the guidelines (below each category)
3. Complete the entry form
4. Create your submission following the instructions in the guidelines
5. Download and complete the image reference sheet
6. Post us a USB/Memory stick containing; A PDF copy of your submission, up to 5 high-resolution images (in addition to what is included in your submission, used for marketing purposes), a PDF copy of your image reference sheet PLUS two hard A3 copies of your submission
The deadline for submitting the electronic entry form is Midnight (GMT) on 9 December. The deadline for receipt of the memory stick and hardcopy submissions is 4 pm on 16 December.
The electronic entry form will help us match each entry to the right submission. You don't have to attach your submission or images to the entry form. The submission should be posted to us on a memory stick and as hard copies.
The 2017 Categories
- Excellence in Planning for Heritage
- Excellence in Planning for the Natural Environment
- Excellence in Planning for Well-being
- Excellence in Planning to Create Economically Successful Places
- Excellence in Planning to Deliver Housing
- Excellence in Planning for the Innovative Delivery of Infrastructure (new!)
- Excellence in Plan Making Practice
- International Award for Excellence in Planning (excluding the UK and the Republic of Ireland)
- Employer Award for Excellence
- Local Authority Planning Team of the Year
- Small Planning Consultancy of the Year
- Planning Consultancy of the Year
Team Categories Guidelines
Young Planner of the Year
RTPI Volunteer of the Year
The Silver Jubilee Cup
Since 1997, the prestigious Silver Jubilee Cup is awarded annually to the entry judges to be the most outstanding from amongst the individual category winners.
Thank You to our Sponsors
Drinks Reception Sponsor: