Seminar on Introduction of Industry 4.0, Smart City Lahore, Pakistan.
Institute of Planners Pakistan (IPP) in Collaboration with M/s Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd., hosted a seminar on the topic “INTRODUCTION OF INDUSTRY 4.0, SMART CITY LAHORE, PAKISTAN” by Professor Byung Wan Jo. (Ph.D.) from Industry 4.0 Consulting Lab, Hanyang University, South Korea.
Dr. Byung is a world-renowned professor of Civil Engineering who holds key advisory and research positions in South Korea including:
- Director of Disaster-Prevention Research Center in South Korean Government
- Director, Creative Research Lab of Seoul Metropolitan City
- Chair, Korea Creative Business & Economy Forum
- Supervisor, National Convergence Committee in the Government
- Co-Chair, Industry 4.0 Committee of Democratic Party for 19th Presidential Election
- President, Industry 4.0 Smart City
- Director, Industry 4.0 Center of Excellence
Besides, numerous other key positions in industrial research and emerging technologies, Dr. Byung has more than 50 patents on Industry 4.0 Technologies to his credit.
The seminar was held on Friday, 9th of February at Conference Room of Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd, 21 Dyal Singh Mansion 57 The Mall, Lahore. Professional planners working in the public and private sector, IT experts, public officials, and other professionals attended the seminar. Key participants are:
- Dr. M. Ali Sikandar Associate Professor CECOS University Peshawar
- Dr. Zafar Baloch Associate Professor BUITEMS Quetta
- Mr. M Shoaib Head Urban Planning Surbana Jurong
- Mr. M Talha Architect Design Solutions
- Mr. Rizwan Ur Rehman Urban Planning Expert HUD & PHED
- Mr. Wamiq Anwar CEO Dimen Associates
- Mr. Ahmed Masood Principal Planner NESPAKMr. Tahir Mahmood Senior Town Planner Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd
- Mr. Imtiaz Hussain Town Planner Dimen AssociatesMr. Mehtab Qasim Town Planner Sheher Saaz(Pvt) Ltd
- Ms. Aniqa Ali Town Planner Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd,
- Ms. Ayesha Butt Town Planner Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd,
- Ms. Seerat Fatima Town Planner Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd,
- Ms. Sahar Mukhtar Architect Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd.
- Mr. Zubair Town Planner Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd.
Professor Byung Wan Jo explained the whole concept of Industry 4.0 including IoT (Internet of Things), Smart Factory, and discussed the core technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Beacon, and Voice-Recognition AI Assistant.
The professor related the concept of smart factory layout with the smart city layout with the use of technology. He gave different examples of the use of the internet in daily life, how people are socializing and marketing through the use of modern technology. In this reference, he coded the examples of Alibaba, Microsoft, Facebook, Google, and X-bat. He explained how Industry 4.0 is a term applied to a group of rapid transformations in the design, manufacture, operation, and service of manufacturing systems and products.
Professor discussed the Punjab Vision 2020, the concept of Smart City, provide a view of Industry 4.0 Smart City, Lahore, and gave examples that how can we make Lahore a Smart City. He integrates basic components of a smart city i.e. transportation, buildings, safety & security, infrastructure, resources, economy, happiness. He said Smart City is a town where Space, Things, and People are able to communicate intelligently with each other anywhere, at any time, by any device through the technology of Organic Things Embedded System (IIoT) developed in cities. Moreover, it is an ICBM-based intelligent eco-friendly waterfront green economic city for the 21st century that spends less energy and resources, revitalizes sustainable energy, and activates the economy, happiness quality of life with SOC Infra for the goods in the harmony of human and nature.
He explained the 9 Basic Infra of Industry 4.0 Smart City Networks i.e. Industry 4.0 CPS Economic Development, Industry 4.0 Smart Grid (Energy & Resources), Industry 4.0 Transportation Systems, Industry 4.0 CPS Security & Safety, Industry 4.0 Clean Environment, Industry 4.0 Green Mechanism, Industry 4.0 CPS Healing & Healthcare, Industry 4.0 Welfare & Happiness, and Industry 4.0 Physical Infra Arrangement & Design.
He discussed the Major Function of the Industry 4.0 Security Platform which are Intelligent Visual Monitoring like face recognition and identification, psychophysiological measurement, Automatic tracking, managing visual recording schedule, etc.
Staffs (WL)/ monitoring objects (BL) data management, noticing
incident situation (alarm/ SMS), registration of entering vehicles, setting basic management sectors.
Face record information check, entering vehicles record information check, fire sensing record information check, SMS sending record information checks, entrances statistics information checks.
Vehicle plate recognition, sensing fire and smoke, sensing trespass of a certain area, analysis on entering people and their sex and age. He also discussed the concepts of 3D Printing Building, Smart Hyperway, Smart Bridge.
By Ayesha Butt
Town Planner at Sheher Saaz Pvt Ltd